Wage Subsidy Dollars
Government funding through our CareerFriends Program and administered by us - efficient, and worth exploring
Is it worth your time to access funding dollars to cover your training costs of employees?
We think so. If you agree to hire and train an employee referred by our company, you may be eligible for funding to cover your training costs of up to 85% of the trainee's wage during the training period up to a maximum of minimum wage/hour. We’ll help you complete the application for funding and approve your application locally. Your commitment is to provide the work experience and/or job opportunity. We may have a potential employee(s) who needs work experience and needs an employer who is willing to train. Ask us for details.
In addition to being willing to train, here are a few of the basic requirements for funding:
- The Employer has been in business for at least 12 months or can demonstrate financial stability.
- The Employer has and will continue to have a Comprehensive or Commercial General Liability policy in the amount of not less than $2,000,000 for each occurrence.
- The Employer shall maintain automobile liability insurance on all vehicles owned, operated or licensed in the name of the Employer in an amount not less than $1,000,000.
- The Employer complies with the Workers’ Compensation Act and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- The Employer complies with the laws of Alberta pertaining to applicable employment legislation and regulations.
- Employer is not a Federal, Provincial, Crown Corporation or Crown Agency Employer.
- Employer is not receiving any other funding for the intended training position(s).
- There will be no displacement of workers, or workers on layoff/or awaiting notice of recall as a result of this agreement.
- There is a reasonable opportunity for on-going employment of trainee(s) unless you are participating in the work experience only funding program.